Comfort is an important criterion of quality for passengers on local and regional public transport. This is often judged by the question: Can I find a seat? With a seat reservation system, transport companies can keep an eye on demand and capacity.
This not only helps to make operations more efficient, especially during boarding and alighting, but also significantly improves the overall customer experience.
Managing capacity and increasing efficiency
Seat reservation systems are not only convenient for passengers. They also have great potential to contribute to increased efficiency and data-based planning. By providing information in advance, it becomes easier for passengers to find their reserved seat. Reservations also provide insight into passenger preferences and demand patterns and allow for conclusions about their needs, for example families traveling together or passengers with disabilities. Passengers have the option to act on their personal preferences, be it by choosing a window seat or proximity to the exit, which can reduce stress. In combination with other local data, reservation information reveals trends in demand, enables occupancy forecasts and offers transport companies an additional opportunity to generate revenue.
For transport companies & passengers
- Passenger comfort and information quality increase and reduce stress
- Boarding efficiency is improved, which can have a positive impact on punctuality
- Demand patterns and insight into special passenger needs
- Overbooking can be minimized
- Capacity is optimized according to demand
- A new way to generate revenue through different seat options
- Suitable for buses, streetcars and trains
- Various display technologies and sizes
- Two- or four-line text display, up to 32 characters
- Various fonts and symbols (Latin and Arabic fonts, other fonts can be imported)
- Simple configuration via web interface
- Receive and send reservation information in real time