Data Engineer (m/f/d) - Berlin / Germany
We are looking for an applicant for a permanent position to support our team in Berlin as a:
Data Engineer (m/f/d)
What are your responsibilities?
- Design, build, operate and maintain a sustainable, high-performance, growth-ready data processing & analytics system for the public transport industry
- Contribute as frontrunner in the investigation of next-generation solutions in the area of analytics, reporting, monitoring, dashboards and big data in order to evolve our existing data architecture and infrastructure
- Help to improve and implement new code and features within an agile work environment using cutting-edge technologies
- Daily interactions and close cooperation with our other skilled Software Developers and Product Owner
What is your profile?
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software development and in running Big Data and Business Intelligence projects
- Excellent programming skills in Java (Python and/or Scala would be a plus)
- Outstanding knowledge of the Spring Framework
- A keen eye for software architecture and passion for writing simple, clean and efficient code
- Familiarity with test driven development techniques such as peer reviews, unit testing etc.
- Solid experience working in Linux/Unix Environment (fluency with bash)
- In-depth knowledge of Big Data and Data Mining technologies in use in our technology stack (Apache Flink, Elasticsearch, Cassandra and Kafka: further details on stackshare.io/dilax-intelcom-gmbh/dilax-public-mobility)
- Strong and up-to-date knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with SQL RDSMS (Oracle, PostgreSql, MS Sql Server)
- Experience with Docker and/or Rkt and Kubernetes would be a big plus
- Experience in benchmarking/profiling service oriented architectures and/or microservice architectures would be a plus
- Very good communication skills in English (German is a plus)
What do we offer?
- Attractive compensation, family-friendly working hours and 30 vacation days
- Modern office building in a central location with excellent transport connections
- Comprehensive onboard training and individual initial training
- Cooperation in a spirit of trust and a dynamic, appreciative atmosphere
- Exciting, challenging tasks and interesting perspectives
- Room for implementing your own ideas
- International cooperation in a continuously growing company
What is the next step?
If you think “Yes, that's me!”, please email us your complete application stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date.
DILAX Intelcom GmbH